2 Days. 2 Events.
13 and 14 February 2015. Limited spots available. Register early!
Introducing a one-of-a-kind Novice and Masters Partner Competition.
2 Teammates…1 Brutal WOD.
Friday, 13 February at 7 PM.
The excitement of competitive exercising distilled down to 20 minutes of white knuckle action…literally. Your kettlebell can’t touch the ground.
Friday Night Flex Movements:
Kettlebell Swings (35 lbs)
Thrusters (65 lbs)
Double Unders (3:1 SU:DU)
Burpee Box Jumps (20 inch box): You can step up and step down if you prefer.
Goblet Squats (35 lbs)
Teams of 2 complete 1 cycle of the Friday Night Flex Chipper. One athlete works at a time. The kettlebell is not allowed to touch the ground until the chipper is complete. If the kettlebell does, both athletes are assessed an immediate 10 burpee penalty (each athlete completes 10 burpees).
Score = time to complete the chipper.
Time cap = 20 minutes.
Masters: To compete as a Masters Team your Team Age must be 70+. The Masters’ WOD is the same as the Novice WOD.
Team Age = Athlete 1 Age + Athlete 2 Age
Question:Is the WOD different for Masters teams?
Answer:No. The WOD is the same for all teams regardless of age.
What You Get
- Each athlete receives a badass Friday Night Flex shirt in the mail prior to the event so you can look amazing as you chipper your way to fitness glory. NOTE: while we are an amazing logistics company we are still unable to bend the laws of time and space. To receive a shirt before the event you need to register by 1 February 2015.
- The top 3 Novice and Masters Teams win legit prizes and the opportunity to bask in fitness legend at Flex NYC the next day.
- As always, burpees are provided free of charge.
How Does It Work?
Teams regsiter to compete in one of 3 Heat Times.
- 7 PM
- 8 PM
- 9 PM
Teams need to show up with enough time to warm-up and be ready to WOD when their Heat starts…however, it’s possible you’ll start as much as an hour after your scheduled Heat time. In other words, if you are in the 7 PM Heat you may not WOD until 8 PM. Just want to make it clear so you don’t get angry and vandalize the Armory.
Flex In The City Is Back and it’s Bigger, better and heavier than 2014.
Coed Teams of 4 battle three remarkable Flex WODs.
Saturday, 14 February at 8 AM.
180 Coed teams of 4 (2 men and 2 women) compete indoors in the heart of the city at the 69th Regiment Armory. Rx and Scaled Divisions available. T-Shirts for the men and Tanks for the Ladies.
All Rx Flex athletes must meet each standard for reps.
Chest to Bar Pull Ups
Wall Balls to a 10 foot target: 20/14
Push Press: 135/95
Kettlebell Swings: 70/53
Hand Stand Pushups
Dead Lift: 275/185
All Scaled Flex athletes can scale standards further during competition; however, scaling any movement disqualifies a team from being eligible to win.
Wall Balls to a 10 foot target: 14/10 (we have 6# balls available for additional scaling if necessary).
Push Press: 95/50
Kettlebell Swing: 53/35 (we have 18# kettlebells available for additional scaling if necessary
Pushups (pushups on knees is the additional scaling option).
We are using the same format where teams act as judges for each other.
There is a Championship WOD and podium finishers for Rx and Scaled Divisions.
1. Max Effort.
- All four team members establish a 1 rep max of a barbell movement in a given time period. At Flex On The Beach 2013 we tested the Bear Complex.
- Rx athletes need to be comfortable with all Olympic lifts.
- Scaled athletes will not have to Snatch.
2. MetCon Ladder
- Teams complete reps of 2 or 3 movements.
- Bodyweight and/or light weight is used for this WOD.
- The top teams will make it past 15 minutes.
- This WOD is going to test your mental toughness and desire to fight through the pain and win.
3. The Rig
- Scaled athletes are not required to do muscle ups.
- Scaled athletes who cannot perform a pull-up only have to attempt a pull-up prior to rotating to another teammate.
- Expect a barbell movement coupled with the rig movements. It’s going to be relatively heavy for Rx teams. Fair warning.
- No WOD. No judging.
All Flex workouts are hard but we do not incorporate odd, dangerous or seldom used movements. You do not need to be a Regional level athlete to compete in the Rx Division.
If you are concerned about registering as an Rx team we suggest registering in the scaled division.
If you are a scaled athlete it’s important to remember we will scale any movement in the competition so you can participate. Your team won’t be eligible to win, but we want athletes of ALL abilities to enjoy our competitions.
All Flex events use what we call “athlete judging”. Athletes competing in the event judge each other to ensure standards are consistently met throughout the day. Feedback from our 2013 event was outstanding with many athletes saying they were better judged, more engaged and had more fun than at any other functional fitness event.
We spared no expense and will be indoors with heat, bathrooms and plenty of space at the 69th Regiment Armory.
View Larger Map (new window)
Past Event Info Below.
NutriForce Sports’ Flex on the Beach – Long Beach – September 13th
Flex on the Mall D.C. June 14th Athletes: Thanks for a Great Day!
NYC Flex Athletes, Spectators and Volunteers: Thanks for participating.
We appreciate the trust you place in us when you register for one of our events. Please Contact Us to let us know what you loved, what you want us to keep for future events and improvements we need to make.
2013 Long Beach Flex on the Beach possible!
More Event Photos [HERE]