Flex Events

About Flex Events

Flex Events was created to bring together people who want to share their love of fitness, health and an active lifestyle.

The company holds functional fitness competitions around the country to find the fittest teams in the nation. Our events provide the fittest athletes with a forum to distinguish themselves through outstanding performances during competition.

While competition is a key element of all Flex Events, our primary focus is and always will be community. We give people a way to celebrate their pursuit of fitness and make new friends at the same time. Essentially, this is a culture and lifestyle.
Flex Events is committed to providing a memorable and long lasting experience for the athletes, sponsors, vendors and spectators who wish to be part of this culture.

The Events
All Flex Events are functional fitness fitness competitions that include weightlifting, gymnastics, running and endurance. Great music, motivational masters of ceremony, safe workout and party atmosphere.

Divisions

THE RX DIVISION is for top athletes who want to put their fitness to the ultimate test.
THE SCALED DIVISION is for all other competitors.

Unlike other fitness competitions, we use “rotating stations” throughout the day. This means that athletes compete simultaneously in different tests of fitness, rather than all competing in the same workout at once and then moving on to the next one. This creates a festival like atmosphere with athletes and spectators constantly moving from place to place giving maximum exposure to our vendors.

We use what we call a “peer judging system,” where our competitors are also used to judge each other to ensure that standards are consistently met throughout the day. Feedback we have received from the events we have held to date tells us that athletes feel they were better judged, more engaged and had more fun at Flex Events than at other fitness events using volunteer judges.

Additionally, the relationships that are built by using peer judges are impossible to forge when using volunteer judges.
Teams are comprised of two men and two women without any consideration for age.

The Hosts

Sean Pastuch

Founder of Flex Events, co-owner of Crossfit King of Island Park (2x Crossfit Games Team Qualifiers) and Crossfit Floyd Bennett Field)

Sean has always taken an interest in local, regional, and international (CrossFit Games) competitions because either he, or his friends and athletes were always competing in them. Viewing himself as the self proclaimed “Least fit guy out of all the really fit guys in the gym” has left Sean with a different perspective on the CrossFit style competition community. He never felt that events catered to him or the other 99% of people who will never compete on the Grid, go to CrossFit Regionals, or the CrossFit Games as an athlete. Flex Events is Sean’s way of providing a professional event environment targeted at the 99% athlete. The fact that CrossFit Games athletes have been at every one of his events is “a bi-product of the community we have built that all people should and do want to be a part of. Everyone is welcome, we just don’t target the top 1%, we target the other 99%”, according to Sean.

Jim Lorenzo

Founder of Flex Events and Career Event Planner

Jim Lorenzo has been producing events since he was a teenager in the 1970’s. He has produced events that were attended by as many as 30,000 people for companies like Harley Davidson, Roger Penske Racing, The Indy 500, and Phillip Morris, to name just a few. Additionally, Jim managed the roll-out of Beach Tennis USA in North America and produced the first-ever beach tennis events in the U.S., Bermuda, China, Japan and several other countries. His atten-tion to detail makes Flex Events an unparalleled environment for CrossFit athletes. Jim makes sure the lanes are lined straight, the vendor supplies are as needed, the equipment is delivered and built, and the event flows smoothly. His expertise in event planning and execution has been refined over decades and is unmatched in the fitness event landscape. Jim’s execution, logistics and attention to detail, paired with Sean’s vision, make every Flex Event a time not to be missed.

Friends of Flex