1 power cleans
3 front squats
1 hang clean (any style)
1 Shoulder to over head (any style)
“3RM Overhead Squat”
3RM Overhead Squat (off the floor)
Flex 1 “Beach Gains”
Flex 1 Is the individual effort toward the greater good of the team. Here each member will have to step up to the platform and perform as an individual. While the other three athletes support and coach them on. On your team, one male and one female will perform the first complex while the other two will perform the second. You and your teammates will have unlimited attempts at the complexes. But remember, there is a Time Cap. Strategize with your team and make it count!
Score is the combined total of all four teammates heaviest successful lifts.
20 min Time Cap
M/F Complex 1
1 Power Clean + 3 Front Squats + 1 Hang Clean + 1 Shoulder to Over Head
M/F Complex 2
3RM Over Head Squat
Complex 1 Description
The complex will start with one Power Clean from the floor. From there the individual will have to perform three Front Squats into one Hang Clean. Any style of the Hang Clean will be allowed, as long as it is performed from above the knee. Then the athlete will perform one Shoulder to Over Head. Any style of the Shoulder to Over Head will be allowed.
That is a total of 6 reps to be completed.
Complex 1 Rules
1.The Power Clean must be taken from the Floor and be caught at parallel or higher.
2. When performing the front squats, the athlete must come to a full stand and show control of the movement before going into the next squat.
3. The Hang Clean must be performed from above the knee. But, can be caught in any style.
4. When Performing the Shoulder To Over Head, the athlete must be fully locked out over head and show full control of the movement.
5. If the athlete drops the bar at any point during the lift, it will be considered as a no lift.
Complex 2 Description
The complex will start from the floor where the athlete may perform a Clean and Jerk or Snatch to obtain the weight over head. Then the athlete must perform three over head squats.
Complex 2 Rules
1. Any style of the Clean and Jerk or Snatch is allowed for the athlete to obtain the weight over head.
2. When performing the Over Head Squat, the athlete must come to a full stand and show control of the movement before performing the next squat.
3. Each Over Head Squat must hit parallel or lower to be counted as a rep.
4. If the athlete drops the bar at any point during the lift, it will be considered as a no lift.
Before proceeding in submitting the form, please make sure that all fields are properly filled out before submitting the form, as this may cause delays and problems when registering at the day of the event. Flex Events thanks you in advanced for your cooperation. We look forward to seeing you soon!